Question

MRP Part Information Only Shows Demand as far as the expected lead time

• 24 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

We are new to IFS Cloud and are wondering if we have something set wrong for our MPS/MRP.  We do have all our Level 1 MS Parts set for Create S/P Req for Entire Horizon.  When we look at components that may be 1 o 12 levels below the MS Part, we only see MRP demand as far out as the expected lead time.  We need to see the entire horizon for all parts and not just the top level.  Is there something else we need flag or set? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Can you check whether this field has a value when you run MRP?

Many thanks

Badge +2

Thank you for your reply.  When we run MRP that field is left blank.  

I can tell you that the how far out the demand goes is different for each part and does seem tied to the expected lead time. 

Thank you,

Meg 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

I tested this in latest core, I have a few master scheduled parts with weekly forecast from July to December this year. When I run MS followed by MRP I can see exploded demand and requisitions throughout the year. ( I have short lead times)

Here is one MS part with setup of creating Shop Order Reqs the entire horizon

… scrolling down and showing the last records

And then showing December data for one of the components, using the same page - going down in the BOM-tree

Are your structures not set to Buildable in the Product Structure page? Or do they have a phase out date defined in the near future? Or are you using Planning Method M for your master scheduled parts? (MRP does not explode if planning method is M)

MRP will plan “until end of time” - well until end of your site manufacturing calendar defined in the system.

Hope you can hunt down this problem.

-Mats