Solved

MRP Message of over supply - what action to take

• 10 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, 

When we get Over supply message, what action will planner need to take to meet what criterial level? 

Thanks

Susan

icon

Best answer by majose 14 November 2022, 11:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Susan,

When MRP looks at existing open supply orders, when having a net requirement, then if the supply qty of the order is greater than the net requirement, MRP thinks this is a little bit of ‘waste’.

So the action for the planner is to evaluate if he/she should reduce the order qty.

Please note that when this message is generated, system does not consider min-, mul- or max order qty. 

Personally, I feel this message is of less importance.

Typically, the focus should be:

• Negative Projected Onhand
  • Late Order
  • Remove Order
  • Early Order
  • then the different “Past Due” messages

And always always - keep an eye on how far out in the future the event is, that triggers the MRP message. And where we are in the BOM. Typically Low Level Code is available in the MRP action proposals screens.

Cheers,

Mats

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Mats

Thanks for your quick response and suggestion. 

But for over supply message, how to evaluate the reduce qty to compare with net requirement of which period? 

Thanks

Susan  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Susan,

There is no perfect way of to “resolve” an Over Supply message, from MRP Action Proposals Workbench screen or the overview MRP Action Proposals screen.

As you understand the Over Supply message is related to a Supply Order.

I think I would navigate to MRP Part Information screen from above mentioned screens and check how your supply orders aligns with your demands.