Question

left over part

• 11 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

my query is that how we handle left over part in ifs, i  have to send left over part into the inventory. The problem is that if we returned the whole part that will be  not issue ,issue is  for partial part, for example there is part which is 6 by 6 feet iron plate, the shop consumed only 1 by 1 sheet  from that 6 by 6 sheet , the left of the part they have to returned to the store for further when it need ,if we unissued that part it unissued 6 by 6 plate but physically its 5 by 5

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@OWAIS.SARDAR here you have different options.

1. If you 6 by 6 feet plate has UoM pcs → then the 5 by 5 feet leftover would be a different inventory part. You could use By-Products with your Shop Order, meaning that you consumed/issued 1 by 1 feet from inital plate and received another inventory part (5 by 5 feet) as a by-product resulted after production
  2. If your 6 by 6 feet plate has UoM square feet, then I guess it would be more simple to handle as in your Product Structure you could specify the exact qty per assembly and only the used material will be issued. 
Badge +1

Thankyou Sir for your prompt action, and yes our unit of measure is “PCS”, can u please explain use ”By-Products with your Shop Order”,  but here we are using work order  not a shop order is there any possible solution  with work order. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@OWAIS.SARDAR OK, I thought you were using the Manufacturing module. For Work Orders there’s no by-product functionality, so I guess you will need to define the 5 feet by 5 feet as a separate Inventory Part and return it to inventory. In this case you will have have consumed the full 6x6 feet and returned a 5x5 feet plate. Of course this would mean a lot of overhead in managing the additional part numbers.

If you were using UoM ‘pcs’ you could have consumed a fraction of a piece. For example you could declare you consumed/issued 0.2 pcs of 6x6 plate. But for ‘PCS’ you just declare whole numbers.

If I were in your shoes, I would consider changing the UoM (creating a new part with UoM pcs to allow fractional issues)