Solved

Is it possible to skip requisitions in the supply process?

• 15 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

In our supply chain process, we would like to skip the requisitions. If we have a demand and we run MRP the MRP run should create a planned purchase order or planned shop order instead of a purchase/ shop order requisition. I have tried to change settings on the inventory part by changing the default supply type to order, but this has no result. Am I doing something wrong? And is it possible to skip the requisitions in the process?

icon

Best answer by majose 15 January 2021, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Harm,

MRP, PMRP and Master Scheduling cannot create Purchase- or Shop Order directly. You have to go through Requisitions. But I think it is good to discuss it. Perhaps we should create an IFS Idea Wall request.

When it comes to MRP creating shop orders, we must consider that MRP can create a massive overload situation. We have the CRP calculation for a reason. On the other hand if you are really using Finite Scheduling  you could argue why we need to create the Shop Order Requisitions.

Another thing is performance. If you for example use quite a long planning horizon, through Master Scheduling, you might get a performance problem, coz it takes a least 3 times more to create 1 shop order than creating 1 shop order requisition.

In purchasing is probably less problems, if you have close collaboration with your supplier A for part X, why create an intermediate PO Req?

Again performance could also be an issue when using long horizons, And should we trust the forecast and create a PO line 8 months ahead?

We might want to add a “Create Shop Order / Purchase Order Timefence” parameter. => How far out should MRP create orders, and beyond that Timefence we create requisitions as today. I dunno...

Cheers,

Mats