Question

Invoicing partial deliveries with package part

• 12 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

We’re using package parts and we recently started delivering components and we were wondering whether it’s possible to invoice partial deliveries of components. We’re able to invoice the full package part but don’t seem to be able to invoice partial deliveries on components. I tried creating an invoice from the Create Customer Invoice screen and Create Shipment Invoices, but both screen display a No Data Found message. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers !

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Mbourret 

Seems IFS allows invoicing based on the number of delivered BoM's.  For example,  on a Package Part line with qty 1 and a Package Part Structure (BoM) of five different part numbers, each with qty 1; until all five part numbers are delivered (making up 1 complete BoM), the line is not invoiceable.

See the attached for screen shots.

Also included in the attached is an example of a Package Part line with qty 3.  The screen shots show how "Invoiceable" goes for 1 to 2 as enough parts are delivered to complete 2 BoM's.

Short of separating each component out into it’s own Customer Order Line (and sales part) - perhaps Milestone Billing would be a work-a-round?  Just a thought…….

Hope that helps.  Cheers, Troy

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I was able to get some clues from IFS Help here:

… /ifsdoc/documentation/en/Sales/AboutReservationManagement.htm

Do a Find on:   “Incomplete Packages Not Allowed”

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I was able to get some clues from IFS Help here:

… /ifsdoc/documentation/en/Sales/AboutReservationManagement.htm

Do a Find on:   “Incomplete Packages Not Allowed”

Hi Troy, thanks for the info :)