Inventory Part Availability Planning - Supply Code

• 27 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello together,

we are using Apps10 and the menu “Inventory Part Availability Planning” actually gives a great overview of demands and supplies for specific inventory parts.

Unfortunately, at least from my point of view, the supply is shown incorrectly. Here in my case IFS would consider a purchase requisition in status “planned” as a planned receipt into stock. The same would happen if I transform the PR into PO but don’t release it. Then status of part is released but PO is still planned. If I would use this information for a demand and supply planning and give it to our purchase manager, he would calculate with an entry of 10 parts in the near future. Which is wrong because we never sent out the PO. Is there any setting in IFS where only PO in status “released” are considered as a supply? Thanks and regards, Stefan

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Stefan.Schuetze 

PRs are considered as sources of supply across the application. This is seen such by all planning engines within IFS, and has been the same way according to my knowledge. When you run MRPs for example, supplies will be initially created in the form of PRs (unless different requisition type is set).

However, it is valid question to know how to exclude a particular PO or PR from planning. I was not able to find any easy way for this. 
You can choose to Stop (i.e., Freeze) the PO, and all lines will not be seen as supply. This can be performed, though, only at the PO header and not on individual lines

Somehow, found this article in my search, which can distantly help you - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Also see - 

Badge +1

Also see - 

Hello Vimukthi,

thanks for your answer.

Then I will probably try it with freezing the PO and create a QR which excludes parts which are only in Type “purchase requisition”

Regards, Stefan