Question

Intrastat Reporting Country - Delivery OR Document Address

• 21 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Community,

We have few Customer Orders delivered from Germany to Poland/France which is not showing in intrastat report for Germany. I have checked the setup and basic data, and all seems to be ok .

The only difference I see is that, the Document Address of Customer Order - is a address in Germany. The delivery address is Poland/France.

So, I am just thinking whether document address of the customer order is taken as base and since it is in Germany, this system considered this as a local sale. Is this the case?

Or else what is the logic for deciding delivery country?

Thanks

Gayan

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Gayan,

Going back as far as APP7.5, the system would exclude deliveries where the document address were in the same country as the own company. 
This is because it is assumed that the company that reports the Sales as EU sales should also report the Intrastat (i.e. the customer receiving the invoice needs to report the Intrastat instead).

However, a check had been added to determine if the delivery should be included or excluded in the Intrastat. So, it is depending on how tax is handled on the CO line:

• If Tax Liability is set to Tax, i.e. the Pay Tax checkbox is enabled, then this is reported as domestic sales and should not be included in Intrastat.
  • If Tax Liability is set to Exempt, i.e. the Pay Tax checkbox is not enabled, then the assumption is that it is reported as EU-sales instead and should also be included in Intrastat.

Regards, Linda