Question

Intra Day Planning and Sequencing by Characteristics

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

We are a Food Manufacturer with a multi-level structure. Product flows through this multi-level structure in minutes and hours - therefore shop orders at each structure level need to arrive on time within the day to satisfy the next level in the structure. I have used Intraday Planning to address this challenge - however I also need to sequence products at work centers based on characteristics and this can undo what has been achieved in Intra-Day Planning. I’m looking for others with similar challenges that may be able to help.

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great to hear you’re using the intraday functionality in IFS!

The idea is that you sequence level-by-level starting with the top level. Then when the schedule for this level is set you move to the plan the need date and time for the shop orders on this level based on the schedule on top level, then sequence this level and so on. This is described in the documentation for Intraday Planning (screenshot from a section of that below)

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@Björn Hultgren is it possible the documentation might have some conflicting information?

"Then perform the three steps that are listed below for the parts at the lowest level in the BOM structures. These lines have Low Level set to 0."

Are we to start at lowest levels, which would never be '0', or start at the highest level, which likely would be '0'?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@matt.watters  You’re right, it should be the highest level (with low level code = 0). I will make sure the documentation is corrected to the next release. Thanks for noticing!