Solved

Intersite Supply Chain

• 12 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

In our environment we have orders coming from intersite company that would like to ship a different method than the supply chain matrix for that site - what is the best way to allow that to happen?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 12 July 2021, 16:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Donna V What do you mean by Supply chain matrix for the site? Could you please further elaborate on this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We have intersite orders that we consolidate in 1 shipment per week however there are some that want to ship outside the weekly consolidation and we have to manually manipulate them.  I would like to see if there is a way to set this up to be automated but not sure what I can do.  I may have to investigate our interface process as well.  Checking to see if it is something we can manage thru the Matrix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There isn’t additional criteria really that allows driving the Ship-Via to something else other than the default automatically.  You can define all of the versions for each site with their different transport times, but if you want something different than the default, you have to manually adjust those orders.  Especially if you are doing consolidated shipments, what other information would tell you to ship differently?  Would you be looking at weight, sales part info, or something else?

I believe anything you want to do different than the default will require a separate program or possibly an event to drive the change, but it depends on your ability to define the other criteria exactly.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you, we will see if we can define the criteria and see if we can use a custom event.  Your help is very much appreciated.