Solved

IFS Cloud 22R2 - Dissassembly proces

• 18 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

We have following situation for a machine building company:

Their machines are build using different modules which are easily interchangeable. So we have for example a Serial Object with Serial ‘1’ which is composed of 5 modules A,B,C, D and E; Each module is also a Serial Object and ‘Contained’ within the structure of Serial Object 1.

The Serial object 1 was purchased by a client X years ago, but his machine was outdated and he replaced it with a new one, our customer got the old one back as part of the new machine deal.  Now they want to ‘upgrade’ that old machine.

Upgrading means: they will disconnect all modules, and re-insert a combination of new and existing modules into the machine frame so it becomes a new model (= new part number, and new part serial).

So Serial Object 1 is back on stock after the sale has been made. They will strip module A,B,C,D, E and put these on stock - together with the machine frame.  Now they take the machine frame and insert modules, A,B, E, F and G making a completely new Serial Object (new part number, new serial number). = Serial Object 2. The old Serial Object 1 is now considered dead (scrapped?).

How would I handle this process in IFS cloud 22R2. I now in 23R1 there is a ‘Dissassamble Shop Order’ functionality but I don not have acces to that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this problem, or any examples with their customers? 

I want to keep track that Serial Object 2 was built from Serial Object 1 (Machine fram wise). My modules need to keep the history. Serial Object 1 needs to be unusable in the future and needs to point to Serial Object 2 as being ‘Produced from’.

Also Financially we need to keep track of everything in a good way so the extraction of the modules and the use of the machine frame does not cause any unwanted Inventory transaction values to suddenly appear that increase our inventory value with a large amount.

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 19 September 2023, 08:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m glad you have already noticed that we have introduced the disassembly shop order in 23R1 with the purpose of supporting just scenarios like this. in 23R2 we also introduce the remanufacturing shop order supporting assembly of the new model typically using a mix of new and used components (used components disassembled on the disassembly shop order).

The disassembly shop order does support serial tracking so that the serial tracked “old” product is issued to the shop order and marked as “Disassembled” in part serial history. And the serial tracked components (the modules) can be received to stock from the disassembly shop order and become “In Inventory” status in part serial history.

Financially you have more options on a disassembly shop order. The cost of the material and operations can be distributed to the received components. 

In 22R2 this is more tricky to handle. A normal repair shop order cannot be used since the modules are serial tracked. However, a multilevel repair shop order can be used, and you can remove all the modules and receive them as salvage parts. However, you will have to then close the shop order without receiving back the main product to stock.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Björn,

Remanufacturing shop order sound interesting. Will this also support multilevel shop orders?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@JohannesWittwer Yes but not with peggings like DOP.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks for the info @Björn Hultgren. I’m not familiar with multilevel repair shop orders but I’ll try to investigate the possibilities.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Björn Hultgren 

Does the disassembly shop order also consider serial objects or only part serials? As I understood the thread starter the serial objects are part of an object structure and not only of a serial structure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It consider part serials. So if you issue a serial part to disassemble its Position will become Unlocated and Status becomes Disassembled. 

Same with components received from the disassembly shop order. If the serial numbers already existed their position will be changed to In Inventory.