Solved

IFS APP 10 Availability control ID only working for certain Inventory parts

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

There is an issue I’m facing in IFS APP 10 environment regarding applying Availability control ID. When we set a value for ‘Default Part Availability bin value’ for the inventory location some of the inventory parts which are receiving to that location(Using move inventory part)  are getting the Availability control ID, but some are not.

As far as I know all the inventory parts which are receiving to that location need to be applied with the Availability control ID. Can anyone understand the reason for this kind of an issue.

Thanks,

Nadeeka

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 7 March 2024, 07:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, Do you reserve the below dialogue box at move,

At one point the logic has been like below, 
“Any stock record that has a Different PAC ID (including NULL comparisons) than the location default, should  keep  this PAC ID when moved to a different location, regardless of the Default PAC ID of the destination location (even if NULL). We see this as a solution there the PAC ID is decided and owned by the stock record (even a NULL value), and is independent of the location default PAC ID.”
However, the above dialog box now offers flexibility to the user. 

Badge +1

Hi @Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Thank you for the information.

Do you know any solution for this when moving the stocks using the transport task

Thanks,

Nadeeka

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Nadeeka Swarnamalie I am not sure what you expect as a solution. 
Do you get the above dialogue box? Are you not receiving it in Transport Task? Is that what you are asking?

Badge +1

Hi @Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Yes, I can’t find any place to apply the new Availability control ID when using Transport task

Thanks,

Nadeeka

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Nadeeka Swarnamalie 

Yes you are right, it seems different when Transport Task is used. I encountered a check only when the receiving location had a goods in stock with an availability control. When transferred for the first time with no stock and control id in the warehouse navigator, it didnt check or give the option of selection as Move Inventory Part function. 
This means above provided RnD definition is valid. However, that being different between Move Inventory Part and Transport Task is something which I think need to be further investigated. I suggest you to raise a support ticket for this. 

Badge +1

Thank you @Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Regards,

Nadeeka