Question

How to delete inventory location which is used in Customer Receipt Location

• 19 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

We are not able to delete Picking type inventory location if there is a Return Material Authorization connected to that location. We get error message like this when trying to delete the location: 

Is there a way to remove this connection to Customer Receipt Location to get the inventory location deleted?

We would like to avoid these “0”-locations to come to our count reports as there is nothing to be counted anymore. So if the Customer Receipt Location info cannot be deleted, is there a way how to avoid certain inventory location for certain part to not come to count reports?

Thanks in advance 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Moukari ,

Could you please try by using the following steps.

1. go count per inventory part and search for the part 
  2. Delete the lines connected to location ‘0’ as there wont be any on hand
  3. Go to inventory location and delete the location

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +2

Hello,

Thank you for you reply. 

That step

“2. Delete the lines connected to location ‘0’ as there wont be any on hand”

is exactly that what I try to do in the first place and what is causing problems.

So even though there is not any on hand qty anymore in that location, I cannot delete the line/part info connected to that location because I get the Error Message which is shown in the original post (The Inventory Part In Stock “0” is used by 1 rows in another object (Customer Receipt Location))

Would you have any other suggestion? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Moukari ,

I tested this scenario in APP 10 and I didn't get any error while deleting the location.

Could you please try the option Cleanup of inventory. This activity is used to remove location records created for inventory parts that have a zero quantity on-hand and are not frozen where all records with an on-hand quantity of zero and a last transaction date prior to the number of days specified in the Days Before Current Date field, are removed from the Inventory Part In Stock, Receive Inventory Part and the Issue Inventory Part windows

This activity is performed prior to generating a count report in order to avoid zero on-hand lines in your count report.

Regards,

Mithun K V