Solved

how can i add new column for the suppliers

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 27 replies

"Suppliers" screen in the "Application Base Setup > Enterprise > Supplier" navigator path contains the below 8 columns.

i want to add some more such information as address identity local and supplier name into suppliers information column, how shall i add them? 

icon

Best answer by Link 3 January 2023, 13:02

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @sherry 

you need to create two custom fields one for Address Identity and one for Supplier Name. 

Aren’t you the administrator in your company? Because you need permissions to do that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi! @sherry !

I agree with @Link :) You should create two custom fields and use them.

Best regards,

Szymon

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @sherry 

you need to create two custom fields one for Address Identity and one for Supplier Name. 

Aren’t you the administrator in your company? Because you need permissions to do that.

thank you for so fast reply, i’m the superuser in our compamny, but i’m really refresh for this position, could you please kindly give me more information such as how to add the custom field with some picture would be nice.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi! @sherry !

I agree with @Link :) You should create two custom fields and use them.

Best regards,

Szymon

thank you for so fast reply, i’m the superuser in our compamny, but i’m really refresh for this position, could you please kindly give me more information such as how to add the custom field with some picture would be nice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @sherry 

you can refer this article for create custom fields

Create Custom Field (ifs.com)

Thanks & Regards
Shan

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @sherry 

OK, I see. I will check if I have a good document for you and will get back to you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @sherry ,

You can indeed create two custom fields for this, but be aware that in the supplier overview window you have only one line per supplier (so not a line per address). Do you always want to see the address name of Address ID ‘LOC’? If that is the case, you can add two custom fields. If you also want to see other address id’s, you need to create a custom fields per address ID.

You can use the following expression for the read only field for the supplier name:

IFSAPP.SUPPLIER_INFO_ADDRESS_API.Get_NAME(v.SUPPLIER_ID, 'LOC')

Good luck,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @sherry 

OK, I see. I will check if I have a good document for you and will get back to you.

good, wait for your good document.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @sherry 

you can refer this article for create custom fields

Create Custom Field (ifs.com)

Thanks & Regards
Shan

thank you, seems i’m still far with the target after read this help

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @sherry 

i have attached a document how to create a simple custom field. It is only an example.

For the field address identity I recommend you a select statement (see page 8). 

And for the second field (like @EqeRobertK mentioned) the expression IFSAPP.SUPPLIER_INFO_ADDRESS_API.Get_NAME(v.SUPPLIER_ID, 'LOC').

I hope it will help you. But nobody was born as a master. :-)

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @sherry 

i have attached a document how to create a simple custom field. It is only an example.

For the field address identity I recommend you a select statement (see page 😎. 

And for the second field (like @EqeRobertK mentioned) the expression IFSAPP.SUPPLIER_INFO_ADDRESS_API.Get_NAME(v.SUPPLIER_ID, 'LOC').

I hope it will help you. But nobody was born as a master. :-)

Thank you very much with details pictures for me.