Question

Field not searchable in 'Shipments' - ‘Next Step in Shipment Flow’

• 20 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

In the ‘Shipments’ view a standard field is not showing as available in the Search functionality

‘Next Step in Shipment Flow’

In EE, this was a field that could be used as a filter, operationally it’s a key field to use as a filter.

Is this identified as a fix for any future releases?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Fgray09,

Please attach a screenshot of your shipments window (if possible) and mentioned the current IFS Apps 10 UPD that you’re currently working with.

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Good morning Nikila, the issue is the Cloud environment = 

IFS Cloud -Product Version 23.1.0

Comparison

IFS Aurena

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear @Fgray09,

In your first screenshot, you have unchecked the searchable option for the Next step in the Shipment flow. Please navigate to the page designer and checked that field and save the record. Then it’ll be showing as available in the Search functionality from the header level.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nikila-dissanayake-7140891a0/

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, yes I understand that you can add it as searchable - but this is a standard searchable field in previous environments. 

Changing it to searchable in IFS Cloud is a simple fix but requires a manual change and the change is required on each environment available to the Customer, will the change map across when an update is performed?

My query is - Is there any expectation for this to be made searchable as standard in the application.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Fgray09

Hi,

As per the IFS Cloud 23R1 core, this can be recreated as well.  Seems like they didn’t add it as a searchable option on the header level. Better you raise a support case as this needs to be verified with the product development team.

Regards,

Nikila 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks Nikila

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi

My guess is that this is due to potential performance issue. The Next Step in The Shipment Flow field is not a stored field, it is a calculated field. It might work for some customer to search on this but not for others with higher volume. Therefore this has to be added by each customer on their own risk.

Best Regards

Fredrik