Solved

Error Message ** The Sales Part Reference object does not exist **

• 30 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

Anyone know what does the “Error Message => The Sales Part Cross Reference object does not exist

Any idea how could I fix this error? (IFS9)

Thanks,
JL

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 30 December 2021, 10:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

Did you check whether there is any record available in the window ‘Sales Part Cross Reference’.

May be if not you can add a record with your sales part, site and customer.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

Just like my friend Lakmini suggested, the first place I would check is if a record no longer exists in ‘Sales Part Cross Reference’. 

Let me also give you some background into this error message because I believe this is the same error message I requested IFS GSO to develop in response to LCS case G2274399.

I assume this is how you came across it?

1. Initially a record for Sales Part Cross Reference exists for this Sales Part under the same customer
  2. User raises a Sales Quotation
  3. Now the user deletes the Sales Part Cross Reference record for the part in IFS due to an unknown reason
  4. He tries to create a Customer Order from the same Quotation via the header entering the info like Wanted Del date, etc and clicks ok

Now the error message should pop up. Is that the same test plan you used? If yes, you need to restore the ‘Sales Part Cross Reference’ line your user deleted and then try to convert the SQ into CO.

If the above is not the test plan you followed, I’m curious about how you came across this. So please let me know?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

in this case an entry (for your sales part) in the following screen is missing:

Kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA , I see you have selected my answer here. Thanks for that, but I was sincerely hoping you select Lakmini’s answer since she gave the correct explanation first. :)

I am actually doing some research on this area since so far I have received no explanation as to why the users would remove Sales Part Cross Reference when there are open Sales Quotations. If there’s a solid case (like change of Customer’s Part No maybe?) then removing Sales Part Cross reference should raise an Information message in IFS to notify the user in my opinion. Just trying to build another case to report to IFS. 

It would be interesting to know if you have any user feedback on this one. Let me know if you have any. 

Happy New Year brother. Talk to you soon on the other side!