Question

Destination Warehouse ID

• 12 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 2 replies

Is there anywhere I can find a more detailed explanation on the ins and outs of destination warehouse ID field in the PO?

My customer wants to steer internal deliveries to a remote warehouse using a combination of the Destination Warehouse ID and the Route ID column found on the customer order. 

I need to explain the difference but can’t find anymore detailed information about the destination warehouse ID other than the help text in IFS 10. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @MABL,

Destination warehouse in the purchase order line indicate to which location the supplies are designated to receive. These values will be automatically filled if the purchases orders are generated by refilling process of remote warehouse or replenishment process of Kanban. If you add this manually then while receiving the PO only the location connected to this warehouse will be available to choose. 

Route ID in purchase order are used to control the incoming traffic of supplies. The arrivals of purchase parts are scheduled to efficiently manage the receiving process of supplies. The planned arrival dates of purchase order are adjusted according to route id schedule.

Route ID has much bigger benefits when it coms to customer order.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V  

Badge +1

Hi @EqeMithuV, Thank you for the explanation! Much appreciated 😊