Delivery Confirmation of Customer Orders page

• 19 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello

We have issue in this page 

when user click delivery confirmation
the system make delivery confirmation date is today but we have some cases we need to enter past date can we do that? 

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

It is not possible to change the confirmation date on the client but perhaps a workaround would be to offset site date by -24 hours or in between to get the previous day time stamp if it works for the customer scenario

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Based on the question I suspect you are using the option to delay cost of goods sold are part of the delivery confirmation, in that case you may wish to make the COGS transaction back dated (from time to time).   If this is the case, you may want to look at the functionality that allows you to change the applied date. The applied date allows you to set the correct accounting date for given transactions. 

The modify applied date is found on the inventory transactions history. This should be used with caution. as we normally would not want transactions back dated, but this could be the exception.  Then you would need to make sure the COGS and Revenue have similar dates. 

Best regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear Thomas Peterson ,

From witch page I can applied date ?

I did not find it in  inventory transactions history page 

and Can I update this date from database?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

See this. 

It would not be an available option if the transactions were already transferred or if the aggregate inventory function was run. 

Best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

thank you very much Thomas Peterson .

I have cases need to update already transferred can I update from database?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I would say no, this is not something you should attempt. I’ve seen far too many data table changes where the results we less than ideal (change this table but not this table) and the results no longer support what really happened in the system.  

I would suggest considering a manual voucher to adjust the results, Move the values as needed. Provided you have good back up (support for the “why”) for the entry including any necessary documentation, in most countries this is an acceptable process. 

The entry would probably utilize the interim voucher functionality so that the entry may be automatically reversed.  

Best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

thanks for reply  Thomas Peterson,

Can you give more clarification about this suggestion? 

I would suggest considering a manual voucher to adjust the results, Move the values as needed. Provided you have good back up (support for the “why”) for the entry including any necessary documentation, in most countries this is an acceptable process. 

The entry would probably utilize the interim voucher functionality so that the entry may be automatically reversed.  

from Wich page you mean?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

See the manual voucher / voucher entry. This is commonly something that would be performed by members of the Finance team.

Best regards