Question

Decide workcenter when releasing shoporder from requistions

• 8 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hello All,

I would like to decide the workcenter which going to build the shoporder in the shop order requisition and then create the shop order. Any one an idea if this is possible to do or does it concern any customization?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Since the work center is set on the operation, a shop order is not really connected to a work center in itself. So it would most certainly involve a customization. The closest we get with standard is to use different routing alternatives with different work centers, but you will have to create the shop order anyway first, since you cannot set the alternative before creating the shop order. It can be an option if you have many operations that will all run on the same work center.

If we think a bit differently, you have the option to move between work centers after creating the shop order using Visual Shop Order Operations Planning. A good option if you have only one or few operations to change.

/ Kenneth

Badge +6

Thanks Kenneth,

I have searched for the Visual Shop Order Operations Planning, but I cannot find it in our IFS cloud version.  And of course I have limited the search query …. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

It may or may not be installed - I think it is optional so it may require a separate license.

/ Kenneth