Skip to main content

Does anyone have a great grasp on cycle counting within cloud? I used to do it within Epicor and it seems much easier than how IFS does it. Specifically locking inventory on parts and specific moment, not just when they are added to a count report. 

We are counting 50 parts a day for the rest of the year and I am hoping to make it as quick and painless as possible. 

David 

You probably won’t like how it turns out in comparison to Epicor….but….try some of these links.

Really maintaining it and managing it has always required us to play around with the cycle counting period and activating and deactivating parts for cycle count based on what we want to see on a given period.  Our Cycle counting rules don’t align with the quite basic levers available in IFS, so we ended up with migration jobs, offline spreadsheets and IT interaction to manage it to our corporate requirements.

Thanks. Yeah it seems like whenever I create a count report, it will immediately lock all those parts for counting. Which makes it hard to, to say, have one count report per day, like I could do with Epicor and lock parts right before I went out to count. From what I can do now is split it up before hand and enter the parts in a count report right before I go out to count.

Not sure if that makes sense, but we will try it!