Customer Schedules releases cancelling backorder lines

• 17 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 8 replies

Hello Everyone;

I am working with a client, and when they are brining in updated customer schedules via EDI, backorder lines are being cancelled.  The Customer Schedule Agreement was initially set to “Ignore in reconcile” for the Plan Backorder Option.  It was updated to “Include in reconcile”, but the lines are still being cancelled.  This is happening regardless of if there is a quantity change in the back ordered lines. 

Any notion of why this would occur?

The client has a significant number of back ordered lines, and a very significant volume of schedules, such that any type of manual review is not practical.  

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

What are the valid from and until values of the header? If the interval covers back order lines, cancelling behavior is what expected. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you, Ahmet.  That doesn’t make sense to me.  Why would a backorder be cancelled if it continues to show on the incoming schedule with a Backorder line type?   

I appreciate your help.  

Badge +1

Would it be correct to assume that you “Valid From” should really be the date you receive the order then?

Based on this thread and testing, if I set the Valid From the same as the date I receive it, then it doesn’t cancel my backorder lines.