Solved

Count Consignment

• 11 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

We are using IFSAPPS10.

We can generate an excel list to do a customer visit and check on our consignment inventory (IFS Screen:  Warehouse Management > Quantity in Stock > Inventory Part At Customer.  Ideally we would like to use out of the box IFS count functionality.

When we check online help, it looks like you can only do count reports for “Inventory Parts In Stock”.

Has anyone found a way to generate the count report in IFS for consignment at a customer?

icon

Best answer by ROVECH 12 July 2023, 15:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Heather, I am not aware of any functional support when it comes to making stock adjustments on customer consignment levels. I do not see any other options than:

Counted more than registered in IFS: Count in your own stock and ship it with a refill order.

Counted less than registered in IFS:

• Report it as consumed (the presumption here is that the customer is financially responsible for the loss, regardless of whether they used or have lost it.
  • Undo the customer order delivery and count it out (when your organisation takes financial responsibility)

Regards, Roel

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Roel,

We are using IFS to manage our “Inventory Part at Customer”.  I see the consignment stock in the “Inventory Part at Customer” screen. 

The problem  is we can’t generate a “Create Count Report” for our owned inventory that is at the Customer’s location; consignment.  We’ve tried using the toggle buttons to isolate for “Consignment” in the site but it isn’t generating any results for our “Create Count Report”. 

Cheers,

Heather

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Heather, I understand. Counting consignment stock in or out at the customer location is not supported by IFS with either count reports or with the ‘count inventory part’ functionality. What I suggested above are ways to work around this to process count results. Creating some kind of counting list you can do with an excel export from the screen you mentioned.

The consignment button only works for supplier consignments residing in your own inventory.

In other words - the feature you are looking for does not exist as such in IFS10 as far as I know.

Regards, Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Heather.  You could use the Inventory Part In Stock screen.  Query for Ownership = Consignment and the Site and/or Owner = Customer ID.  This will give you an on hand quantity.

You could also view on hand quantity in the Customer Consignment Stock screen.