Question

Automatic Reservation of Material Requistion Lines

• 13 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I am carrying out some testing in Material Requisition Lines , when a material requisition is raised with Supply Code “Purchase Order”.  On receipt of the Purchase Order the stock is automatically being reserved to the Material Requisition.  Can someone please advise where this setting is, it is very good and we would intend to keep but I need to understand where this is being driven from.  We are on VS10 update 11 in our testing environment but our Production environment is still on UPD1 as we have an Oracle issue and cannot get to latest UPD until this is resolved.  Automatic Reservation is not taking place in UPD1.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @klorimer ,

This setting is based on the inventory part, see printscreen:

This will fill automatically the supply option in the Material requisition line by default (can be changed manually):

As I do not have an 10UPD1 environment, I am not sure if this option is there. But this option is available for a long time, so I think this should work. Does this help you?

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @EqeRobertK 

We have this info already set up on the inventory part.  Just trying to understand how the automatic reservation is working once PO is receipted ?  

No Automatic Reservation working in VS10 UPD1.  Would like to understand how this automation is working . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, In my understanding there is no such setting to govern this. When the supply is full filled it reserves the connected demand. Probably this was not a functionality in UPD1, but introduced in newer UPDs subsequently.