Question

Attach Reserved Parts to a Handling Unit

• 27 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

We’re stumbling upon an issue where the benefit we see in using Handling Units is not in reach.

The use case is that we manufacture many small parts on different Shop Orders, these parts are engineered-to-order and therefore manufactured via DOP and automatically Pegged to the Top Level in the DOP Header. This results in automatically Reserved Qty as of Shop Order Receipt of these small parts.

The issue we’re facing is that these parts can be up towards 100 different part numbers which we then want to attach to a Handling Unit for efficient inventory movement, but this is not possible without unreserving these parts.

Neither is it possible to connect the same Handling Unit to multiple different Shop Orders, to receive them onto the connected Handling Unit.

Any proposals on how to solve this issue, preferably with core functionality or configurations are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexander

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello there,

I’m facing the same error that you describe…

We need to Attach reserved Part Numbers to an Handling Unit for a more efficient move.

How did you manage this? Did you find anything that enable this?

Many Thanks,

Bruno Martins

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Alexander,

IFS has limitations when it comes to working with reserved parts in combination with the Handling Unit functionality.

In my experience this can be mitigated with scripts that unreserve, attach/unattach and then re-reserve, for example in a custom RMB or with an add-on tool.

Sorry to give you merely a confirmation of your issue and maybe not so much a resolution.

Regards, Roel

Badge +3

would be a nice addition indeed!

Badge +1

I'm new here, I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it? I am very much looking forward to help