Question

Advanced Supply Chain is this in Core now?

• 6 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello All,

I’ve been trying to get my head round all the road maps and releases and struggling to find if the ASC (specifically for automotive) is part of core IFS cloud. Did anyone use the ASC module in a previous version of IFS and are now using IFS Cloud ? If yes are you still using an additional module?

Sarah

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@sholmes I’m also interested in this. I’ve been using ASC in IFS8 but I’ve never understood if this functionality was fully uplifted into IFS Cloud. Will be watching this post 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey,
There’s is an ongoing undertaking where largest IFS customer that have been using ASC are moving into IFS Cloud. The IFS R&D undertaking is to support this by Improving IFS Cloud Supply Chain based on ASC items. It’s not a capability by capability exercise, but based on most important business requirements supported by ASC getting an IFS Cloud resolution. The goal is to have IFS Cloud available as a real option for ASC customers by the end of 2024. During 23R1 and 23R2 a large number of new capabilities have made it into IFS Cloud due to this initiative, and R&D will continue development in 2024. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @Örjan , is there any documentation that easily shows the features from the ASC that have been intergrated into IFS Cloud already and what is aimed to be incorporated in 2024? I have looked through lots of documentation but can’t clearly see what has or hasn’t been incorporated (especially as we have only looked at getting the ASC module and do not currently have it). Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The news material (including background information) with each release and the foregoing Roadmap documents are the best ones to use. Of course also standard documentation follows with each release. ASC tagging is naturally not part of IFS Cloud as it’s no longer existing as an extension or separation of solution capabilities.