Work Orders created on mobile devices

• 14 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 20 replies

Hi!

We have a situation where we must know when an Work Order is being opened through the IFS MWO application.

Sometimes, due to events created in IEE, users are blocked to do some operations (like one of the events that won’t allow two work orders of the same type to be opened for the same object). These messages won’t pop into the application screen so we never know when a WO is being blocked by some event.

We need to find a way to know how many Work Orders that are being opened on the app are not being transfered to the IEE. I need to know how many WO were created using mobile devices x how many were transfered to the IEE.

Can anyone shed a light?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by skullk 15 July 2022, 04:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Right after the new work order is created in mobile, it gets sent to the server (IEE) unless device is offline. The work orders generated from mobile can be identified in server (IEE) through the attributes “Originating System” and “Originating System ID” on the work order. 

But I’m not sure if above information helps you to achieve what you want. What happens if more than one WOs created from mobile on the same object? Still it gets sent to IEE without any error (bypass the event)?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi, @skullk thank you for the reply. 

Can you point me the name of the window where I can look for these server attributes that you mentioned?

You were very helpful, I think we can make something out if it.

If more than one WO is created on the mobile appliccation, it does not get sent to the IEE. The problem is, theres no error message that informs us that this situation happened.

BR

Rodrigo Cruz

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

You can see those under the Prepare work order > Additional Information section (screenshot below).

Thanks

Sampath