Question

Work Order with 2 service techs

• 1 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 13 replies

How does IFS handle a work order that needs to be assigned to two technicians?  Sometimes we need to send 2 technicians out on a call.  We do have a lead technician but we want to be able to see that both technicians are not available to schedule.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Which version are you running? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are on IFS9 looking to upgrade to 10 next year.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

For IFS 10 i think you will like the new Work Order - Work Task setup and assignment functionality.  Here you would have one work order, possibly with 2 tasks each with one technician assigned to the work task. 

For IFS9 i have little experience, but if anything like IFS 8 i believe you would be able to add individual persons (employees) on the operations tab of the work order. 

Userlevel 7

As @JULIAN mentions this is one area that has been completely redesigned in Apps 10 and is now much better suited for multi-person jobs as well as a lot more flexible in general. For Apps 9 you can either create multiple work orders (in a structure if you want to) or create allocations for operation lines. If you are using mobile work order you the operations will be transferred across to the allocated technicians who can report time etc. but only the executed by on the work order can change the work order status.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you for the explanation.  I think 10 will definitely be a game changer for us when it comes to tech service.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, we are on IFS Apps 10 and I can confirm @JULIAN is correct. We use multiple work assignments to allow multiple techs to report time on a WO.