Solved

WIP Reversal Condition Met but not reversing

• 7 November 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I’ve set up a work task code rule for external customers with a WIP Code and reversal condition of CO Line Invoiced.  When I transfer the Work Take Sales line to a CO and invoice, the cost is not reversing unless I do the Manually Release WIP and RMB and select Check and Update Accounting.

icon

Best answer by ctaylor56 19 November 2019, 05:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

I believe the rules will be evaluated when you actually transfer the transactions to finance e.g. when you use Accounting Rules\Voucher\Maintenance Voucher Transfer\Transfer Work Task Time Transactions. Even though the Reversal Conditions say e.g. “Transfer to CO”, all it means is that it will reverse transactions that have been transferred to a CO, when you transfer the transactions to Finance. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I believe the rules will be evaluated when you actually transfer the transactions to finance e.g. when you use Accounting Rules\Voucher\Maintenance Voucher Transfer\Transfer Work Task Time Transactions. Even though the Reversal Conditions say e.g. “Transfer to CO”, all it means is that it will reverse transactions that have been transferred to a CO, when you transfer the transactions to Finance. 

Even when I transfer everything and even update to the GL, my wip does not reverse.  The only difference is when they are all transferred I didn’t have to select manually release WIP and then do the check and update accounting.  This time I just did the check and update and reversed the WIP.  But I am expecting it should be doing this automatically, or is this not the case?

Userlevel 7

Even when I transfer everything and even update to the GL, my wip does not reverse.  The only difference is when they are all transferred I didn’t have to select manually release WIP and then do the check and update accounting.  This time I just did the check and update and reversed the WIP.  But I am expecting it should be doing this automatically, or is this not the case?

Mine did when I tested with Time Transactions. What is the WIP Reversal Condition and WIP Reversal Date? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

WIP reversal is event date.  Condition is when CO Line Invoiced.

Userlevel 7

Which update are you on? Is this for time transactions or something else? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @anmise this is on an  Update 6 environment.  Time, tools and material is what I am trying to reverse automatically.

Userlevel 7

Hi@anmise this is on an  Update 6 environment.  Time, tools and material is what I am trying to reverse automatically.

And when you run 'Transfer transactions' it doesn't happen? It's odd because it does for me. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi@anmise this is on an  Update 6 environment.  Time, tools and material is what I am trying to reverse automatically.

And when you run 'Transfer transactions' it doesn't happen? It's odd because it does for me. 

Hi @anmise, I understand it now.  I need to run the transfer AGAIN (after the initial transfer) to see the reposting.  It’s working now.  Thank you for your patience.

Userlevel 7

Hi@anmise, I understand it now.  I need to run the transfer AGAIN (after the initial transfer) to see the reposting.  It’s working now.  Thank you for your patience.

No worries. Glad it worked out!