Solved

What is the purpose of the tan blocks that appear on the Schedule Board?

• 30 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have done some investigations and found: The Tan blocks indicate the Shift Time of the Technician as per the Work Calendar specified either in the Person record or App Param (by default).

But I’m unsure why the Blocks aren’t visible for all the Technician’s? It doesn’t correlate with schduled breaks either.

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 13 November 2020, 12:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @abarthakur_GOGH,

The tan blocks indicate the technicians shifts as per what is generated in Roster for the time period you are reviewing.

It will not be enough to just set the calendar against the user for it to then appear in the Schedule Board. You will also need to enter the Roster screen and create a new roster for the period required and the users involved. This will default to the users set shifts but can be tweaked with additional user added from outside the team selected or removed if not required as well as making changes to the shift pattern defaults where needed. Once happy, click generate.

Once the shifts are finished generating, refresh the Schedule Board and you should then see the shifts show on the board.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update, but their is something that doesn’t make sense, we don’t have anything defined under the Roster function? Please see attached screenshots

My question, why doesn’t every team member under the FS Install team have tan blocks associated with their schedule? No one is setup under Rosters? See attachment for another screenshot of Roster function.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @abarthakur_GOGH,

You will need to click new to start a new shift generation. The Roster screen allows you to generate the shifts patterns on the schedule based off of the shifts set on the person records, defaults etc with any amendments required.

Roster does not hold the calendar entries itself it is just the generation method for them to show on the schedule board.

If you click the question mark at the top right of the screen this will take you to the help manual that will detail the functionality.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So if my client doesn’t use a roster and it’s not set up, and only the work calendar for the teams/person is used then we’re stuck with having random tan blocks on the Schedule Board screen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @abarthakur_GOGH,

Have you read the documentation on the relevant screens I mentioned previously? This should give you a greater scope of what can be achieved.

Is this a standalone FSM or is it integrated to a scheduling app such as PSO? As that may indicate why some records have the shift appearing on the schedule without generating one in roster though, based just off of what I can see from screenshots, it would seem that these may be the user on the default shift?

Are there any commonalities between the users who do have a shift appear without generating a roster versus those who do not? 

Of note, in the screenshot it is not clear that a full search of all records has been done rather than just a search for ‘my rosters’ which is the default and will only show rosters attributed to the logged in user.

On my system the shift will not show at all for anyone until a roster is run to generate shifts for the period viewed on the schedule.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

HI Lee,

Yes, I have read the documentation and I do understand what can be achieved. But there is no mention of what the tan blocks are used for or what they may represent.

This is a standalone FSM on-premise deployment and Schedule Board is the scheduling app being used (No PSO).

Here is what I have found to date: the Tan blocks “seem” to indicate the Shift Time of the Technician as per the Work Calendar specified either in the Person record or App Param (by default).

But I’m unsure why the Tan Blocks aren’t visible for all the Technician’s?

I ran a test and just added myself to a team and I have a Tan Block assigned to me, but another team mate on the same team with all the same configuration under Person as me, does not have a Tan Block associated to him in the Schedule Board….I can’t figure out why?

I did a full Roster search and the Roster table is empty.

Thanks,

Ankur

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @abarthakur_GOGH,

The official way to do this would be to have calendars set and then generate shifts using the Roster screen. This will ensure that all users then have their shift displaying on the Schedule Board.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck