Question

Use of eforms and mWO

• 17 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We use eforms as part of surveys to capture data from field techs in the field.

Recently we began seeing delays in mobile syncing and I am wondering if there are limitations to the use of eforms on mobile.

We use multiple pools and can have up 4000 work orders in various pools along with objects syncing to the mobile devices.

We use a Windows Surface Pro 8G RAM Windows10 mobile device.

I tried to find how the TAS on Prem works with the MWS and DB and cannot find any specifics as to properly tuning or sizing recommendations.

We are on APPS9 UD14, mwo 2.8.0.215 

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There are a number of reasons why this could be happening. Best thing to do is to look at the data volumes and sync times per entity to see if the slowness is being caused by a specific entity. There is a lobby page “Mobile App Status” that can show you this data. To ensure you get data in the lobby you need to make sure the schedule task “Touch Apps Daily Statistics” is running

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

James;

Thank you for the info.

I do not see Mobile App Status as a lobby page nor included within out of the box lobby pages - of course, I did not set this system up, so maybe they are not included somehow.

I did verify the Touch Apps Daily Statistics is running every hour.

I appreciate additional info regarding the Lobby page - the data volumes & sync times would be very helpful. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is from an Apps 9 UPD12 environment so you know what to look for. It could be a security permissions issue why you cannot see it

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

James

Since I went from UD10 to UD14, how would i go about getting this lobby added as part of the UD12?

Do I run the installer and re-apply UD14 and ensure I include Lobby elements as part of the update?

I tend not to include Lobby updates as we have had our existing lobbies replaced and have to rebuild them, even after exporting/importing which takes a few days to do so.

Any insight is truly appreciated.

Thx

Marjie