Question

URL to open a document in aurena not working

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

URL to open a document in aurena not working but work in IEE.  this is the URL:  https://simquestapi.aa.com/api/faadocument/$Contract$/$Mch_Code$/T001

any suggestions? 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

That is now a standard supported way/URL to open a document in IFS, neither in IEE or Aurena (did someone build such support for you, perhaps?). Luckily, in both clients we have commands to create links that are supported, for each client, in the Document Revision screen:

That will open this dialog:

In Aurena you have the same feature here in Document Revision:

Hope this helps!

/Mathias

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I tried that create link and it does not open the file.

how can a customer/client open a document from a lobby?  and the document url would automatically be created depending on site & object selected?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Perhaps you copied the wrong link - can you show it to us here? (possibly, remove the server name you use)

About your second question, it makes no sense, in general, to use Site or Object to open a document. Can you elaborate a bit more about what this would mean to you? A document is identified by document class, number, sheet and revision, that is what we need to provide to open a document via a link. If you need something else, that would require a modification.

/Mathias

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

this is what it generated:

https://aa-prd.ifs.cloud:48080/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application?url=ifsapf:frmDocumentContainer%3FDOC_CLASS%3DAA%2520DOC%26DOC_NO%3D1000080%26DOC_SHEET%3D1%26DOC_REV%3DA1%26ACTION%3DVIEW

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

That link should work, assuming you just copied it from that dialog. Does the link open IFS (IEE) for you at all? If not, perhaps you have a general problem opening links in IEE.

/Mathias

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

it just opens IEE to the home page.

Still how can you open a document from a lobby element?

thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Which web browser are you using? For “ClickOnce” to work, which is needed for a URL to open IEE and open a certain screen, you either need to use Internet Explorer, Edge or install an extension from us in Chrome (that will enable ClickOnce to work).

As for the second question, I have not tried it. I hope that someone else will reply about this here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

or the question can be rephrased as, how can you open a url in aurena that is generated with parameters in a lobby element? since this works in IEE

thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I was trying the generated url in IEE, haven’t tried generating one in aurena

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Even in IEE, is the URL only meant from the lobby? I might have misunderstood: the URL you get from that dialog is meant to open IEE from an e-mail or an intranet page or similar. URLs in the lobby are shorter. I don’t have a recipe for you there. It should not be that hard though: look at how the URL is when you are in the Document Revision page (for example), then construct such a URL from the lobby element, using the means available there (you need to check the documentation on that).

This is as far as I can help now I think.

Badge +2

@jdrex 

If you do as mathias said, and generate a link from the document revision, you can copy that link and paste into into the Link Style Element as a Custom URL:

Should open the document via document revision, client should only have to click OK as it should pull the File Operation > View  on its own. This took me a minute to figure out. Please let me know if you find a better way, but this is the only way I can find to open documents from an element (at least documents that open externally to IFS).