Question

Uploading a document folder structure from local machine

• 18 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

In our local machine, if we have a document folder structure (Each folder having document files and a child document folder as well) is there ant possibility to insert it to IFS application/Document Folder Navigator directly ?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Dilini,

No, that's currently not possible. You can import documents quite easily in bulk (the File Import or the Create Documents form are the best options), and then move them/connect them to folders in bulk, but the folder structure must be created manually first.

It would sound like an option many customers would want to have, and I think it would be useful, but it does not seem to be much asked for.

/Mathias

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

would something like this do the trick?

We can set “rules” on a folder and all its child’s in order to check in to IFS (or create new revisions) and attach to some business object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

would something like this do the trick?

We can set “rules” on a folder and all its child’s in order to check in to IFS (or create new revisions) and attach to some business object.

Looks very useful, thanks for replying! Can it also create the document folders in Docman?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The solution can run any PLSQL code / dynamic PLSQL so I believe the short answer is yes.

Most customers do use it to capture email correspondence, various checklist or connect it to a scanner-solution (eg signed purchase orders).

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The solution can run any PLSQL code / dynamic PLSQL so I believe the short answer is yes.

Most customers do use it to capture email correspondence, various checklist or connect it to a scanner-solution (eg signed purchase orders).

Sounds great! How would people get hold of this then? :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Either via IFS KAM / representative, or fire away an e-mail to sales@addovation.com or just PM me :)