Question

Unable to use Revise Document option in MWO App in Step level

• 5 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 47 replies

Hi All, We are currently using MWO Service 10 App UPD 09 version and when we tried to revise a document attachment from the MWO App, it always fails with the below error in MWO App side and only the initial attachment is synced to the IEE side.

Failure Reason: The Category object does not exist.

• Would you kindly advise if the error is due to a basic data setup issue or synchronization error and any suggestions how we can overcome this issue?
    Note: Mobile User is having the correct DOC CLASS access.

Many thanks for all your kind advice and thoughts.
  • - ISD -

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

Looks like a basic data issue. Can you test the same from IEE by adding a document revision from the backend as the same mobile user? Do you get the same error. Then it explain the issue as common for the end user. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @kathlk Thanks for your kind advice. Following the same I have created a New Revision from IEE for the existing Document Attachment and the same was synced to MWO APP after initializing the device as below. In this instance can we think its related to some other issue or would you kindly share your thoughts if there is any changes need to be made in Permission/configuration related to MWO App side ? Many thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@skullk  Do you have any input on this error. Cannot find where it raised. But I think this is when upload the document itself because it’s by passing server FT and ORA error visible in the client itself. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @kathlk thanks for your kind feedback. Actually, we tried attaching a Document (an image was captured from the Mobile device) and save it. Then try to use the ‘Revise Document’ option and add a new Document (an image was captured from the Mobile device) as the intention was to remove the originally attached one and use the revised one. But we are getting below error in MWO App page. And even we retry document upload, App is not accepting the revision.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@kapilk sorry I don’t have an idea about this error. Looks like document upload from mobile works but creating revisions fails. It might need further investigations.