Solved

Trigger creation of Maintenance Work Order when certain number of machine cycles is reached

• 19 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In IFS Apps 10 UPD 10, we are trying to trigger automatic creation of a PM/WO when a machine component reaches a certain threshold of usage.

Example: machine #1 needs recalibrating after every 1000 cases of product X is reported via Shop Orders.  1000 cases relates to a number of machine cycles. 

I am looking at Test points/Parameters tab on Functional object but the measurement (1000 cases) will not be manually entered. I assume I need a counter of some sort when Shop Order for product X is reported.

Once the counter reaches the threshold, we want to have a WO automatically created (I think I read this is via a background job.)  not sure if I need a custom event and event action or if there is standard functionality in Maintenance 

I am digging in to IFS Help but can’t quite put the pieces together. 

Anyone have something like this working?

Any hints or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Cindyhutchins 20 August 2021, 17:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Set up the parameters in the Object, you will want to use an Accumulated value type. Connect the object to a work center.

You would want your custom event to count how many times this work center is used in a shop order and have it update the parameter maybe when shop order is closed, adding 1.

Then you will need a condition based PM that will use this parameter on the condition based PM. Accumulated Value types will need a start value and an interval.

The next step is to a database task for condition based PMs. You can have it check for the condition to be met every hour or every day at a certain time, or when ever is best for your team.

Navigate to Solution Manager/Background Processing/Database Tasks/New Database Task

1. Click on Select Method
    1. Scroll to Preventive Maintenance Folder and open (+)
    2. Scroll to PMCriteriaPlan and open (+)
    3. Generate_
  2. Change task name to make sense to you and save. You will see a different parameter list on this one, there is no reason to enter values for this.
  3. Click on the Create New Schedule hyperlink
  4. Choose the Interval radio box and choose how often you want this schedule to run and save. You can choose the Daily or Weekly radio boxes is you do not need this to run on an interval.  By the way this also works really well with Tools/Equipment.