Question

Transport task - Work Order IFS Apps 10

• 29 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We are currently working in Apps 10 of IFS.  Our scenario is working on a Work order in site A but need material from Site B.  Is it possible to generate a Transport task to pull inventory from site B directly within the Work Order?  

If the answer is no, is it possible to Manually reserve inventory on an active Transport Task from within the Work Order?

Thank You

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Jeff,

If you need to get material from a different site, you can directly use material orders for that.

Let me know if this addresses your issue.

For example: Work order in site A but need material from Site B.

1. Create the work order in Site A.
  2. Create a work task as well and release it.
  3. Create a material order in Materials tab where the Req. Site is Site B (However here both sites should be within same company)
  4. Enter a material line , release the material order and you can reserve and issue parts from site B.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Good Afternoon, this will work if they are located in the same building.  But what if I need to ship from 1 physical location to another?  A transport task affords us the ability to ship material when needed.  I see where there is a checkbox for Transport Tasks exists but I cannot find a way to generate the TTask and tie it to the Work Order task.

Thank You

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Jeff,

To create a transport task for the work order,

1. In Material tab, select the material line and reserve the needed quantity.
  2. Then in the material order header, RMB Move all reservations.
  3. Enter the new location and click ok.
  4. Now a transport task is created.
  5. You can navigate to the created transport task using RMB option Transport task lines.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Afternoon Thilini, 

Unless I am misunderstanding, you are still 100% in the same site under this correct?  If you have some time, could we set up 30 minutes or so to review?

Thanks