Question

Strange Behavior on IFS MWO App - Work Orders Crashing via IOS?

• 19 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Can anyone advise if there have been any issues noted on MWO crashing when trying to access work orders via an iOS device

In our demo environment (https://ifspsa3-d07.demo.ifs.cloud/), I have work orders assigned to a technician but in MWO when I click on the work order, the app crashes out. When I log into a Samsung Tablet, I am able to access that work order without the app crashing.

Can anyone advise if this has been an issue reported by anyone else who uses an iOS device to demo MWO?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Justin

Can you send me the device logs please to see if we can spot why this is happening.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Justin

Can you send me the device logs please to see if we can spot why this is happening.

Cheers

James

James, see attached. @RobSimon has been helping me with this since yesterday and I fear we have come to a dead end. I sent him this same log a bit ago as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi all:

Yes, Justin sent me these device logs earlier today, and I did not see anything in here that pointed to more detail on why the app force-quits.  In the “Insights” log, you can see the last entry where it logs the user accessing the My Work tile, and then the logging ends.  In the regular log file, there is nothing - just a “SyncEnded” before the time of the crash followed by a “SyncStarted” afterwards.  I don’t have an iOS device so I cannot recreate the issue myself - Android seems to be working fine (MWO Service 22.4.504.0).  The iOS version being used here is 22.3.495.0, which I’m assuming is the latest, correct?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you send me end user login details please - for Aurena and MWO (if not same user) and I will see what we can discover

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@James Ashmore - I just emailed you the environment and login details...

A little more info - I was on a call with @AmyE this afternoon, and I had her test it as well since she uses iOS.  Initially, she logged in as the same user in the same environment, and was able to drill into a work task within My Work.  I asked about which version of the app she was using, and she was still on the 21.12.x. version, so we went to the App Store and updated it to 22.3.495.0.  When we tested again with the new app, it still worked OK for her and did not crash.

@justinmoon - maybe it’s worth trying to uninstall the app and re-install it?  Maybe something went wrong with the app update on your phone?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Could you send me end user login details please - for Aurena and MWO (if not same user) and I will see what we can discover

Cheers

James

usdemo7/IFSCloudDemo1!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@James Ashmore - I just emailed you the environment and login details...

A little more info - I was on a call with @AmyE this afternoon, and I had her test it as well since she uses iOS.  Initially, she logged in as the same user in the same environment, and was able to drill into a work task within My Work.  I asked about which version of the app she was using, and she was still on the 21.12.x. version, so we went to the App Store and updated it to 22.3.495.0.  When we tested again with the new app, it still worked OK for her and did not crash.

@justinmoon - maybe it’s worth trying to uninstall the app and re-install it?  Maybe something went wrong with the app update on your phone?

I’ve tried that and the issue still persists. I ever complete a hard reset of my iphone, but no luck.