Solved

stop certain line codes from appearing in voucher

• 15 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

what in the line codes advise whether or not it is something to be sent to the voucher when being billed?

i have billable unchecked but it still gets billed. We have codes that dont go over and we’ve done identical settings but they still come over.

icon

Best answer by josdepijper 8 January 2021, 10:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @jbernardo ,

Yesterday I found a similar response of the Billable parameter of Part Line Codes. I posted a question on the community in an internal sub forum (IFS and partners) to look into this. It seems that the parameter should control the Billing Status of the Part Usage. When you use a Part Line Code with the Billable parameter set to N, then my assumption is that it should set the Billing Status of Part Usage to NOBILL. If the Part Usage has this value NOBILL, then it does not appear in any invoices.

Unless there is some parameter or other trigger or some other variable what is considered by the Billing Generation function, this might be a bug. But since I am not sure, I asked IFS for any conclusion on this topic. The last response that I got on my question is that the topic is dropped at R&D. 

Anyhow, with this knowledge you could solve your issue by using a Business Rule and set the Billing Status of a Part Usage to NOBILL when the user inserts or updates a Part Usage with a Part Line Code which has the Billable parameter set to N. The result would then be as you would expect from the parameter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jbernardo ,

Yesterday I found a similar response of the Billable parameter of Part Line Codes. I posted a question on the community in an internal sub forum (IFS and partners) to look into this. It seems that the parameter should control the Billing Status of the Part Usage. When you use a Part Line Code with the Billable parameter set to N, then my assumption is that it should set the Billing Status of Part Usage to NOBILL. If the Part Usage has this value NOBILL, then it does not appear in any invoices.

Unless there is some parameter or other trigger or some other variable what is considered by the Billing Generation function, this might be a bug. But since I am not sure, I asked IFS for any conclusion on this topic. The last response that I got on my question is that the topic is dropped at R&D. 

Anyhow, with this knowledge you could solve your issue by using a Business Rule and set the Billing Status of a Part Usage to NOBILL when the user inserts or updates a Part Usage with a Part Line Code which has the Billable parameter set to N. The result would then be as you would expect from the parameter.

that is a great idea actually! i’m going to do a test run and check that out. thanks!

yeah they’re clearly have billable = N but still go over. ill dig into that specfically.

thanks again