Solved

Service and Maintenance timeclock and WO clocking

• 8 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, I’ve noticed an issue that I believe is the result of a misconfiguration on our tenant. Currently, our maintenance group is able to log into Work Orders for repairs. They can clock out and close the WO as well, all while being off the “payroll” timeclock. I assumed the behavior for S&M was the same as the shop floor clocking. In the event an associate tries to clockin to a Shop Order, the system would prompt them and state that they are not clocked into timeclock. They are then automatically clocked in. Likewise, they cannot clock out of timeclock if they are still clocked into a Shop Order. This behavior doesn’t appear to be available for the service and maintenance group. Is this correct, or can the same functionality be extended to that group? My concern is that there will be a lot of errant clocking if S&M users are able to independently log time to WOs and clock on and off timeclock without any cross checking. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Chriswharton22 15 October 2020, 15:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @cjohnson ,

Would you be able to confirm the application and version that you are using e.g. FSM6, APPS10 etc? This will then help the most suitable forum user identify your post and respond with a solution.

You can also add tags with keywords to further aid users to locate your post.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello @Lee Pinchbeck we are using IFS APPS10 UPD 8. Our technicians are using the IEE for Service and Maintenance > Work Management > My Work 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

UPDATE - We have chosen to address this issue through employee management. We did not find a way to force our techs to clockin to Time Clock prior to logging into WOs. As it stands today, we have not had any issue with our techs clocking time incorrectly. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello, 

there is a site level setting “Clock in Automatically” on the maintenance tab of the Site window.   This might be worth looking at.  Clockings in maintenance are still outside of the time clock functionality from my experience and testing of this on a project recently. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hey @Chriswharton22 ! Thanks! Yes, we do have that set for our three sites. So far, so good. We have not seen any clocking issues with our techs!