Solved

Selecting Objects when Creating a WO using MWO App 'New Work' window

• 10 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 46 replies

Hi All, we are trying to create a New Work Order using the ‘New Work’ function in MWO App as below.

But we are unable to use the List of values for the Object ID as it is not appearing to select, on which Object we are going to create the new WO in the below window.

Would be great if you could kindly be able to share your kind thoughts, if we have not set up any basic data to enable the same functionality? Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 10 May 2023, 10:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ISD ,

Did you set up the Mobile Object Synchronization?

You can doi this per user, or for all users connected to a Maintenance Organization.

Not sure if this is synchronized, so better to initialize to test this after setting this up.

Hope this is what you were looking for,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @EqeRobertK that's great and its exactly i have been looking for. Sure, I shall try setting it up and initialize the devices if the Mobile Users in the particular Mant. Org can see the same. One question, and do we have to add all the Object IDs/Structures manually to make them visible in the New Work ‘Object’ column list? or can we make sure if MWO is showing all the Func/Serial Objects. ? Thanks for your kind advice.
-ISD-

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ISD ,

Yes, you should do this manually for the first time, but it also possible to synchronize all objects.

then this will be applicable for all users and all objects, this is normally not used.

You can set this up in the TAS:

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @EqeRobertK Thats wonderful. Thanks for your kind advice and sure i shall use the option for making the Objects available per Maint. Org. It was really a helpful and thanks a lot for your kind support. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @EqeRobertK would be great if you could share your kind thoughts on below. I have actually setup basic data in the below IEE window for both Objects/User and also for Objects/Organization and also initialized the device.

Nevertheless, I still can't see the List of Values for Objects in the MWO App as below.

Would you be kindly able to advice if I have to follow any additional configuration(Aurena) or any other basic data change in addition to the above attempts in IEE? Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ISD ,

I just checked the online help file on this and I was able to find the missing link, you need to run the following databse task:

The help text on this topic:

• Mobile Object Synchronization

The solution allows two ways of defining Equipment Objects that should be synchronized to mobile client. If ‘Synch All Objects’ property in Touch Apps Server application configuration is set, then all objects defined in IFS Applications will be by default synchronized to mobile client. It is highly recommended to use this option in conjunction with Permission Set Filters to narrow down amount of data synchronized to the client.

If the property ‘Synch All Objects ‘is not set, then the objects which are to be used in mobile client should register in mobile object synchronization data. You can connect objects against mobile users and/or organizations in the basic data setup. In addition to this, objects which are registered in tasks belonging to mobile users will also be transferred to Mobile Work Order. 

Once the Objects per User or Objects per Organization has been set-up then the Schedule Task "Refresh Mobile Sync Objects" must be run to generate the object data that is used to filter the objects to sync to the mobile user.

It is recommended to configure the schedule task to run on a schedule that matches the frequency that objects per user or organization will change, and ideally run overnight so the schedule task does not impact the system during normal operating hours.

To view Equipment Objects information in IFS Mobile Work Order the following Permission Set Activities must be granted:

•    mWorkOrder 4.Object Information
  •    mWorkOrder 4.ObjectCharacteristics - optional if Type Designation Characteristics and/or Technical Data Characteristics are to be viewed in IFS Mobile Work Order

If the Permission Set Activity mWorkOrder 4.EnforceObjectIdValidation is not granted to the mobile user it will be possible for the user to enter an object on task that does not exist is the IFS Mobile Work Order client.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @EqeRobertK That’s an extremely a very comprehensive explanation. Really appreciated your kind support and recommendations. sure, I shall follow the defined steps and also grant the necessary Permission sets which is crystal clear in your reply. Thank you once again for your great support. 

Best regards

-ISD-