Solved

SCANDIT_APP_KEY application settings

• 12 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of using SCANDIT_APP_KEY when configuring mWO ? Not really aware what Scandit offers more than mWO

Bertrand, using mWO with IFS Applications 10 update 10

icon

Best answer by JOOLSE 12 April 2021, 16:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Not sure Ihave understood your question fully. Scandit ap key is the license key if you use the Scand It barcode scanning instead of the provided built-in ZXing barcode scanning. 

The ScandIt requires a paid lincense, 

The ScandIt barcode scanning is also used in ScanIT app.

The reason for using the ScandIt barcode scanning is that for certain customer the built-in free ZXing is not good enough and doesn’t work that well for the customer.

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Thank you. Let me correct my question. A frequent question related to mWO is the use of the capabilities of our Scan it for the complex barcodes like GS1 or SSCC inside mWO. This implies the barcodes are translated in several subsets of information (part no, serial no,...). Scandit doesn’t do it when used in mWO, does it ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I don’t know if mWO support it or not. That needs to be answered by someone working with mWO. 

What the Client framework supports are the bar code that exists in the SDK from ScandIT. https://www.scandit.com/developers/. But that doesn’t necessarily means that mWO also support GS1 and SSCC, as it might require some addional code to support several subsets of information. 

Let’s see if someone working with mWO can answer that question. 

Regards

Johan