Solved

Scan It Touch App - Log for devices that log out due to Idle

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi IFS Community, 

Is it possible to extract a record from IFS showing how many times our Scan IT devices are timing out rather than being logged out by the operator?

IFS Aurena Scan IT 10 v 10.15.1368.0

IFS 10 

Many thanks, 

Fiona :) 

​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by JOOLSE 11 May 2022, 18:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

We do not log how many times  Scan IT devices are timing out rather than being logged out by the operator. There is a possibility to get the device log out for an device and there we can see how many times the device has looged out, but we do not have a counter on it. 

If it is a hughe problem for you, I suggest that you raise a case towards IFS, so IFS can loook into it deeper. 

There are several reasobs why you get frequent log out. Example bad network, how the configuration has been set up for the authenication methods in use, etc.

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you so much Johan for your reply. It was really helpful. 

We are having a lot of issues with our Scan It devices  unfortunately. It tends to be when the user leaves it idle and logged in. Is it possible for a user to remain logged in to Scan IT or is best practise to log out? Our operators would prefer to remain logged in if possible without returning to gun after 5 minutes  and having errors, frozen sessions etc that they then have to restart the device or log out and log back in. 

Any troubleshooting tips would be much appreciated.

We use ADFS authentication. 

Fiona 🙂 ​​

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

We had a similar issues some time back and we were in contact with Microsoft to be able to understand how the different tokens are working and this is the respoonse we got back 

If the customer increases the lifetime of the refresh token to more than 8 hours (ex – 24h). Will ADFS send a new refresh token?

A. Regarding increasing the refresh token to more than 8 hours, I have tested in my ADFS lab:

• Set SSO to 24 hours.
  • Get refresh token valid for 24 hours.

Try to renew the access token -> Get new access token BUT not new refresh token.

So what you need to do is to check is the SSO lifetime set in the ADFS sever. Refresh calls will only return access tokens, If you have a low value on the SSO lifetime, this could be the reason. It is a bit hard without knowing more details around it.

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks again Johan. I will look into that!