Question

Scan IT - timeout for session

• 9 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Where to change idle / session time for Scan IT? After a while, the account goes into expired mode and I need to refresh the account and log in again.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Before i can be able to answer your question i need to raise some questions. 

• What version of Scan It are you running? 
  • Which version of IFS Application are you running on?
  • What authenication mechansim are you using, is it ADFS, AAD or something else?
  • I guess without knowing that you are running on Android, is that correct?

Depending on the above question there are a bit different answers. The main queue is really the third question, as the setup differs between the authentication methods used

Regards

Johan 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • What version of Scan It are you running?  Scan IT 10 with Account Manager 
  • Which version of IFS Application are you running on? IFS 10 10.7
  • What authenication mechansim are you using, is it ADFS, AAD or something else? Database authenication 
  • I guess without knowing that you are running on Android, is that correct? Yes Android 
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Thanks, I will check with a collegue and come back to you. 

Regards

johan 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi

Thanks, I will check with a collegue and come back to you. 

Regards

johan 

Hello, 

did you verify it? ;) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Yes I did, must have forgotten to post the answer and then I went on vacation.

Anyway here is the answer 

Yes they can do that by setting up start up parameters in the IFS Middleware Server Admin Console.

Documentation  - http://f1web/f1docproj/apps10sp/Foundation1/040_administration/210_security/015_authentication/040_configure_DBIDP/default.htm#Configure_behaviour_through_startup_paramters

They should set the value for the parameter “ifs.oidc.refreshtoken.lifetime"

You might have the documentaion in another place then we have, but if you open up the F1 technical documentation it is under

IFS Administratiion & Administration Guide / Security / Authentication configuration / Configure IFS Database Identity Provider. 

Bookmark: Configure beahviour through server startup parameters, 

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I have seen a a similar issue of getting session expired after 30 min of idle . This may be not the exact issue you have.

However the issue got solved with the latest version of Account Manager for APP10 and  IFS Scan It 10 version 1.0.9 (or above) for Android.

Hence please try updating them to the latest from Google play store.

Hope this would help someway :relaxed: .