Solved

Scan It prompts to download Account Manager when it's already installed

• 16 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I’m having an issue when trying to install the Scan It app and the Account Manager.  I have an on-premise system running IFS 10 Update 8.

Using Android, I am downloading the Scan It App, Barcode scanner, and then Account Manager to my scanner gun.  When I start Scan It, it tells me I don’t have the account manager installed do you want to download it.  I already have IFS Account Manager installed.

I’ll download it, and it’s prompting me to enter a Cloud URL and when I enter my TAS URL it’s unable to connect.

Has anyone run into this before and if so, what was the resolution?  It’s almost like Scan It doesn’t recognize the Account Manager version hosted on my TAS and wants me to download a newer version.  The new version looks like it’s for Aurena.

icon

Best answer by Subash Perera 17 June 2020, 04:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

In google play store, Can you please try installing the app named “IFS Apps 10 Account Manager” and setup your account in there?

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

I  also think that you are running the account manager for Apps9 and not for Apps10.

You need to install install “IFS Apps10 Account Manager”. 

The  “IFS Apps10 Account Manager” will not have username and password fields in the app. 

Apps10 login screen will say TAS Url, and not cloud url.

Furthermore as you are on IFS Applications 10 UPD8 there is a new Scan IT app for Android, IFS Aurena Scan IT. This app will replace the current app in the future. It will also soon be available for iOS and Windows. I suggest that you download that one and use it.

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Appreciate the feedback! 

I removed all previous apps and installed “IFS Apps10 Account Manager” and “IFS Apps 10 Scan it” from the Google Play Store.

I made it passed my initial login screen  issues and it appears to authenticate,  and connect me to the TAS.  When starting the new “IFS Apps 10 Scan It” application, I get an error after the initial sync that reads.

“An error has occurred - Cannot continue as create/update actions are not supported by the entity SiteVirtual”  When I click OK, the IFS Apps 10 Scan It screen is blank/empty.  I can repeat this error if I try and perform a Synchronize.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I’m glad to hear that the initial login issue has been resolved after installing “IFS Apps10 Account Manager” this 2nd issue seems to be something should be investigate with your issue existing environment.

Can you please kindly dispatch a support case for IFS GSO for this second issue?

And it would be really helpful if you can mark the most helpful answer as the  best answer you got for the login issue.

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Will do, thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Appreciate the feedback! 

I removed all previous apps and installed “IFS Apps10 Account Manager” and “IFS Apps 10 Scan it” from the Google Play Store.

I made it passed my initial login screen  issues and it appears to authenticate,  and connect me to the TAS.  When starting the new “IFS Apps 10 Scan It” application, I get an error after the initial sync that reads.

“An error has occurred - Cannot continue as create/update actions are not supported by the entity SiteVirtual”  When I click OK, the IFS Apps 10 Scan It screen is blank/empty.  I can repeat this error if I try and perform a Synchronize.

Hi, did you manage to get past the “SiteVirtual” error? If so have you got any information as to how this was achieved?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@AndyCurtis89 

If you get SiteVirtual error you are most probably running the IFS Aurena Scan It 10, not the IFS Apps 10 Scan It. They are different Apps, The IFS Apps 10 Scan It is the original Android app developed for Apps8/9 solutions for wadaco, while IFS Aurena Scan it 10 is the new app developed on the new Aurena Mobile Framework.

Here is a link for SiteVirtual fix for the Cloud track, note that the Cloud track have a different grants compared to the Applications 10 track, but the main idea of re-running that mobile user script might help in your case also since there are bug fixes in that script to solve those issues.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@AndyCurtis89

If you get SiteVirtual error you are most probably running the IFS Aurena Scan It 10, not the IFS Apps 10 Scan It. They are different Apps, The IFS Apps 10 Scan It is the original Android app developed for Apps8/9 solutions for wadaco, while IFS Aurena Scan it 10 is the new app developed on the new Aurena Mobile Framework.

Here is a link for SiteVirtual fix for the Cloud track, note that the Cloud track have a different grants compared to the Applications 10 track, but the main idea of re-running that mobile user script might help in your case also since there are bug fixes in that script to solve those issues.

Thanks Dario, we’re actually working on getting the Scan It 10 version installed now so hopefully that solves the issue.