Solved

SA carry out work before contract start date

• 9 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Using V15.4

We often have situations where an SA needs to carry out Contract work early, before the contract start date.  In V14, we were not able to set an ETA prior to the contract start date but the SA was able to do the job earlier than the contract start date.  But in V15, it seems the SA is also restricted from doing the work early, which is a problem for us now.

Is there a setting that controls this or is there any other way in V15 that an SA can carry out work in advance of the contract start date?

Thanks

Chris

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 17 February 2023, 14:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Just keeping it straight, you logged this question twice did you not?  See:

How can SA do Contract work in advance of contract start date? | IFS Community

Unfortunately, this is not possible as contracts are considered pending prior to the start date as already confirmed by R&D in the other question topic.

To do otherwise would be a customization in my opinion… for example allow the work if the ETA date is during the contract coverage period.  I suggest discussing this with your IFS business consultant to see if this can be arranged or done as a change request.  My opinion is if it is done, it should also be developed with a global parameter or perhaps a contract parameter that enables/disables that validation check.

Just my opinion.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Yes I did, it’s a hot topic for us, so I must have got carried away. Sorry.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Again,

Yes, I would agree that this should be something selectable. 

We are not asking for anything more than we already had in V14.5 and have been using for many years.  This is the most complained about issue we have had since upgrading.