Question

Resource Gantt Chart

• 13 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

Is there any document on how to use and enable the Gantt chart in IFS. Some of the work orders alotted for resources are not appearing in the list.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @m.arif ,

Did you check the online helptext? Just press F1 when you are in teh Resource Monitoring Gantt.

First thing which I can think of about not showing the resource, is because they are not connected to a resource group which has ‘Use for Maintenance’ checked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

thanks @EqeRobertK  , i went through F1 help , there is no clear explaination , appreciate if you can give me the steps and prerequisites on setting up the gantt and how it works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @m.arif ,

Is it ‘Resource Monitoring Gantt’ that you are interested in ? 
If you have correctly assigned a resource to the work task (if the assignment is there under ‘Work Assignments’) you should be able to see the allocation under resource monitoring Gantt. However, you should correctly filter the required resources, based on the site and the maintenance organization.

Based on the site and the maintenance organization defined here under ‘Resource Details’ you will get the records in the Resource Monitoring Gantt. As you have mentioned that one of the assigned work task is not displayed in the gantt, your resource might be connected to a different maintenance organizations than that of you have used to create the work order .
As you have requested steps please see below;

1. Find the relevant resource structure > resource group (from the Resource Navigator Page)
  2. Make sure the ‘Use in Maintenance’ is ticked under the resource group
  3. Under Persons tab add the resource 
  4. Now go to the details page of the added resource and add connections (site, company, employee)
  5. Under details tab > Maintenance Employee add the employee ID , company then under General sub tab add site and the maintenance organization
  6. Now create a work order and work task for the same site and maintenance organization
  7. Add the resource demand (add the same resource group)
  8. RMB on the demand line > Assign Work , then create the allocation for the resource.
  9. Now Open ‘Resource Monitoring Gantt’ select suitable filter criteria and you will see the allocation.

Kindly let me know if you still have any issue related to above functionality.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @Nethmini Kosvinna  , i tried to follow the steps given by you but i cannot see the data in resource gantt, is it possible for you to connect on teams this Monday at your convenient time.

please share your email id i will send you an invite.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@m.arif

Just some idea’s:

I assume the tabs Competence and Certificate are empty. If not, please empty them.

Maybe good to remove the resource filter of resource group and resource ID. Hopefully then you get any data. The Site, Maintenance Organisation and date interval are then the only search criteria 

Also note that this window is mainly used for monitoring, so not for allocating. An unallocated Work Task resource is not shown in this window.

Otherwise hopefully @Nethmini Kosvinna will have time for a Teams session, I do not have time due to holidays.

Good luck

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @m.arif ,

After we observed the issue in your environment, following are the points that were not met and I hope now the above issue is resolved

1. Work Assignments should be created for resources in order to view the allocation in the Resource Monitoring Gantt.
2. Resource Monitoring Gantt always shows allocations based on the resource maintenance organization defined under Resource Details (when the resource is assigned to a work task connected to a different maintenance organization, this allocation is not observed in the resource monitoring Gantt, unless we change the resource maintenance organization under resource details ).

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini