Question

Remove Material Requiremnt in MWO

• 12 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

how can I remove an “Required Material” in the MWO Service client? It seems, there is no “Delete” Button, only Issue is possible. In the IFS Cloud you can delete the material line.

THX and regards

Markus

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You are correct, there is no way in MWO to delete material demands. Why do you need to do that - can you not just ignore that line? I think the reason is that there may be linked entities (e.g. purchase orders) and MWO doesn’t have the capabilities to handle deletions if the downstream entities.

Badge +2

Thank you Alexander for the prompt reply. I agree with you that if PO is already created, the deletion process could be very complicated. But as long as no PO or PurchReq has been created it should be doable. For example, if the wrong quantity was entered by mistake, this erroneous quantity would also be ordered. Although the technician may notice this, he/she cannot correct it immediately and must notify the back office somehow.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You may want to suggest this as an enhancement at Share Your Ideas | IFS Community. This portal is the main input channel for our R&D teams.