Remote Assistance no sound on Android (11) device

• 30 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 28 replies

Hi,

although I logged this issue before we now experience the same problem again on our environments.
I have tried this with the Edge Browser (as per previous topic answer) and with 3 different Android devices and 2 separate application users. For all of them there is no sound on the Mobile Device. That means that the engineer cannot hear the person in the back-office.

What needs to be done to get this working again?

It is a 21R2 environment.

Thanks,

Marc

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

.Even setting the device language to English doesn't help

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We have tested RA by making calls as a back-office user (just using the Aurena browser) and then everything works fine. That means that the microphone of the back-office user has the rights the be used by the browser and is actually working. 

So, it seems that this is related to the App on Android.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Are you using the latest version of the Android app? We did have an issue with this on the first version of the app but the latest app in the store doesn’t have this issue

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@James Ashmore  We are using version 21.12.434.0

As stated above, we have tried this on 3 different Android devices and all have the same issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There is something gone wrong here. This previously worked with this version. I have done a test today and got the same result as you. I will ask one of my team to look into this. I suspect it will require an update from Help Lightning.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, 
This issue no longer recreated for us on the latest versions of the Android apps. They have been published to the Stores today. Can you verify whether this works for you now?

Thanks
Malshani