Solved

Print from IFS/ attach files

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Let me preface this with telling you I know absolutely nothing about IFS. I work for an MSP and one of our newest clients uses it. I wasn’t able to find any KB, and reaching out to IFS support didn’t help - they wouldn’t talk to me without a ticket. I have a user that needs to print from IFS. I need a print agent as a go between her windows printers and IFS right? which one should i get? I know they used cirrato in the past.

She also is unable to drag and drop files from her desktop to attach them to documents, any workaround there?

Once again, any KB links accessible by non-subscribers would be greatly appreciated

TIA

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 27 August 2021, 01:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@MSPguy welcome to the IFS Community :) What IFS version are you using? 

You have asked two questions. Answering with IFS10 capabilities

1. Installing print agents - this link will help. Please go through that
    https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/020_install_print_agents/
  2. The workaround for drag and drop multiple attachments would be thorough an interim folder on the desktop. i.e. you select all attachments together from outlook and drag to the folder, open the folder, from there drag and drop all to the attachment panel of the desired IFS form. Then you can define Document Classes, etc to get the documents in IFS

Generally you can access IFS help through docs.ifs.com. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I wasn’t able to find any KB

Hey Alex - We have a knowledge base, but it’s restricted to our customers and partners. The majority of this community forum is public, and we should be able to help you here.

I see @EnzoFerrari has offered some advice. Let us know if he’s resolved this for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

One more link on Print Agent

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/010_overview/250_operational_reporting/140_print_agents/default.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@MSPguy, one option, if this is about attachments from Outlook, as @EnzoFerrari gave you a workaround for, is to install the Office Add-In for IFS Document Management. It makes the process of importing an office document or e-mail a bit easier. On Apps 10 it exists only for IEE, but in 21R2 we have it for Aurena.

It’s also important to understand that drag and drop will not work from Windows/your Desktop if you are running IEE inside Citrix, as some still do (Citrix does not “pass through” the drag and drop event from your local Windows process to IFS IEE inside Citrix).