Solved

PM Action jobs with Service Contract Apps9

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We’ve are running into the issue that a Service Contract cannot be added to a Work Order generated from a Separate PM Action Job. When we try to save the Work Order, we get this error:

The PM Action Job is included in the contract the customer have with us. I’ve tried to generate a PM Action job from the Service Contract, but that cannot be done either.

When I add it on the Service Contract (under PM Settings), I get this error:

The equipment that I’ve picked is included on the contract.

Where are we going wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Michael

icon

Best answer by ereslk 24 May 2022, 11:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Micheal,

I agree with the first error you mentioned. In App9 it is not possible to add Service Contracts for WOs generated from PM actions.

We might considered removing that restriction in a future version.

The reason for the second error “The Service line object does not exist” ; my initial guess is that the Service Line No is not defined in the PM action information. 

If still the issue exists pls update screenshots of the issue, as it makes the investigation easier.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Eresha,

So if customer have a Free of Charge service contract, we cannot use PM Action jobs? Or how to invoice it and link the cost to the service contract?

Retried in our Test system to generate a new Service Contract and include a new line under “PM Settings”, but get same error as before. I’m unsure where/what I should add on the Service Contract to get it to accept the PM Job?

Thank you,

Michael

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Micheal,

Seems you have not added the Line No in the first column>PM Settings.

You can use service contracts on PM actions. But it should be defined before WO generation.

Once the WO is generated it is not possible to connect Service Contracts for PM generated WOs.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Eresha,

*EDITED* 

Just tried to add the line number as you mentioned on the contract. That did the trick.

Thanks,

Michael