Solved

Override Default in Document Class Management

• 23 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I have copied the document default values that come out of the box to into the Document Class Management.  There are several columns that I am unable to check on the override default check box.  Specifically I was trying to override the Document Class so I can add a default document class to each document class that I was creating.  Does anyone know why I cannot select the override?

icon

Best answer by HoiMicheW 24 February 2021, 19:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I have copied the document default values that come out of the box to into the Document Class Management.  There are several columns that I am unable to check on the override default check box.  Specifically I was trying to override the Document Class so I can add a default document class to each document class that I was creating.  Does anyone know why I cannot select the override?

Hi,

not all fields are allowed to override.

Br.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Specifically I was trying to override the Document Class so I can add a default document class to each document class that I was creating.  Does anyone know why I cannot select the override?

Hi, can you elaborate on what you want should happen in the application? It does not make sense to have a default document class value for a document class. When you have selected the document class, you … have selected it, and then there is no need for a default value for it :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The issue here is that the customer does not want to have to select the document class so I am now working on setting up the default class on the defaults per object and that will get the result that they are expecting based on the LU.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The issue here is that the customer does not want to have to select the document class so I am now working on setting up the default class on the defaults per object and that will get the result that they are expecting based on the LU.

I think you are saying that you have found a way to solve the problem - correct?

And we can ignore the previous attempt :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yes we can.  I will use  the defaults per object instead.