Skip to main content
Question

openvpn and mWO service engineer

• 18 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Does anyone use openvpn mobile client along with mWO Service Engineer? Our mobile workforce use this combination to connect to Cloud 23R2. Occassionally, many of them run in to the following error upon log on to mWO.

App reset doesn’t fix it. Only known work around is restarting the phone. Has been happening for many versions of mWO - which is why I think it could be related to the openvpn - but not too sure.

TIA.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@athasanka can you share your device logs with me via e-mail please? Curious to see if it has captured anything.

Does this only occur for the users who use OpenVPN? What about anyone else who can connect directly?

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@athasanka can you share your device logs with me via e-mail please? Curious to see if it has captured anything.

Does this only occur for the users who use OpenVPN? What about anyone else who can connect directly?

Thanks,

Rukmal

Hi Rukmal,

I’ll try to get the device logs from a user next time. As a phone restart fixes it everytime, most of them resolve it by themselves. As all of them are field devices, they all have openvpn on it to connect to head office using phone data. None of them connect directly via wi-fi, so can’t validate if it will show the same symptom. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Rukmal Fernando okay, just pulled my test device to try it on. And it too does throw the error:

This device has openvpn turned off as it can connect to the system directly via wi-fi.

First it threw the below error. 

Then tapped OK. Allowed me to get into the app. I have then extracted the device logs (will email you shortly). Logged off. Then tried to log back in. Ran into the same error our techs were getting.

So, looks like it is not because of openvpn. Now I can’t get into the app to extract device logs, but hopefully what I extracted before might help. I won’t restart the phone yet if you want me to try anything else. Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Rukmal Fernando hi mate, the behaviour is not any different with the latest update. Have got a few techs sent me feedback. Have you seen this behaviour with any other environment or is it just us?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@athasanka sorry to hear that and unfortunately we’ve only seen this in your environment. Can you share the device logs with me via e-mail so that we can see if that reveals anything please?

Thanks,

Rukmal